Wednesday, September 10, 2014

AS3 Import Fails At Compile Time

My game was compiling fine on my other computer. I brought over the code base to another computer and tried to compile, and one of my imports was not found at compile time. The import was recognized by intellisense... But not when I tried to compile. I renamed a class from "TileMapCreationKeyGAS.as" to "TMCKey.as" And all of the sudden the import started working. I have NO CLUE why that worked. My thought: I know in HAXE if you name folders with capital letters, it thinks that is where the import stops because of the "Constant-Class" convention. Possibly my code was causing a parsing error at compile time? Maybe the "AS" at the end of the file name caused it to be parsed as: TileMapCreationKeyG.as instead of TileMapCreationKeyGAS.as I havent a clue. Frustrated. Unfocused.

No comments:

Post a Comment